State of the Art and Future Directions – Sustainability Transition Studies Seminar April 25, 2019
Time: Thursday 25.4.2019 13.00 – 16.00
Venue: Aalto University, School of Business, Ekonominaukio 1, Otaniemi, Espoo, 0. Floor, Hall T004.
Chairman of the Board of the Sustainable Transition Research Network (https://transitionsnetwork.org/) Dr. Jochen Markard (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zürich, ETH) will visit Aalto University School of Business, as the opponent of MSSc Teresa Haukkala, whose thesis “The wicked problem of a low carbon energy transition. Structure, agency and framing in the multi-actor process of solar PV deployment in Finland” will be publicly examined at the Aalto University School of Business on Friday, April 26, 2019, at 12.00 in the U006 Hall.
A day before, on Thursday, April 25, 2019 the subject of Organization & Management and the Smart Energy Transition project organize a seminar on the status and future directions of transition studies. The presentations in the seminar are:
- Presentation by Dr. Jochen Markard based on two current articles:
- An agenda for sustainability transitions research: state of the art and future directions
- The next phase of the energy transition and its implications for research and policy (article available inside the Aalto network)
- Comment: Professor Sampsa Hyysalo (Aalto University & Smart Energy Transition project)
- Dr. Kaisa Matschoss, University Researcher (University of Helsinki; ENERGISE project, Smart Energy Transition project): “Practice-based living labs: potential for redesigning socio-technical systems”
- Dr. Salvatore Ruggiero, Postdoctoral researcher (Aalto University; CO2mmunity project, Smart Energy Transition project): “Success factors of grassroots innovation: Insights from the case of community energy initiatives in the Baltic Sea Region”
This event is arranged by Aalto University School of Business’ subject of Organization & Management, in collaboratio with the Smart Energy Transition project, funded by the Strategic Research Council of Finland. This event will be held in English.
Metro to Aalto University – walk through the A Bloc Shopping Center to the School of Business’ 0. Floor.